25 June 2008

Pray For California

This must be a really scary site to see near your home.
At last count, California had over 700 wildfires that started as a result of lighting strikes. They are mostly in the Northern part of the state. Gov. Schwarzenegger has request additional resources from other states to help contain the fires. At present their are over 4000 firefighters from all over the state helping to put out these fires. Some are near containment and others are not. We in Northern CA. are on heightened alert and cannot have any fires such as BBQ's going. Southern CA. is also on alert and have been asked to not have any open fires. 

We are so dry here that the hillsides are primed for fires.
It's either flood or fires in the USA now.  Lets all pray for relief from all this.
The air is thick with smoke where I live and is making my throat sore. 


post signature

8 comments:

Chris said...

Glenda, great minds think alike! I also just posted about the fires!

Stay safe, girl! And I'll be praying for us all!

Anonymous said...

Hi Glenda, You have fires, us folks up "North" have had floods and tornados. Prayers are needed all over. Hurray for your 100th post, I'm a new blogger and am becoming a blogger junkie. Sounds like we enjoy alot of the same things. Please enter me in your very nice give away. The new blogging gal. Deb

Anonymous said...

Glenda, I'm still learning and see I forgot my blogging name, so I'll try again. Computers will be my Friend. I keep repeating that and it will happen. Smilies, Deb

Cindy said...

It has been so smokey here too. Yesterday was really bad but now the wind has shifted and it's cleared up a bit. You can still smell it when you walk outside! I feel so bad for those firefighters! I hear there are chances of lightening storms again this weekend.

Jann said...

The air has been horrible here in Sacramento the past few days, also. It is scary--I've never seen it this thick with smoke. Today and yesterday the smell of smoke is even in our houses and in our cars. I can really empathize with you when you say it hurts your throat. I almost had a panic attack yesterday while on my way to a job interview--I literally felt like I couldn't breathe! God Bless all of the firefighters . . .

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Glenda, I know that there are lots of prayers going up for California and the flood areas. It has rained all day today here and I just wish I could pass some your way. Stay in, that is what they are saying on the news for people with the breathing issue.
Hugs,
Bonnie

Nikella said...

Hi,
hope you get some rain soon. I saw pictures of California on tv and was thinking about you post.
Stay safe!
Nikella

Maryjane-The Beehive Cottage said...

Praying.....Hugs, Maryjane

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

post signature