26 September 2010

Son Off To College



Perhaps you have seen his picture on my righthand sidebar. My son Ricky, is now attending Southern Oregon University. It will be the first time he's living away from home.

What's great is I can still see and talk to him with the use of "Skype. And what a great tool and invention that has become.

He's endured the turmol from the loss of our home and everything else we've been through together.

I have been a single mom most of his life and he's turned out to be a great son.

I wish him luck and success in his studies and in life.


Love you,

MOM


post signature

5 comments:

Edie Marie's Attic said...

Dear Glenda,

What a handsome young man!! My prayers will be with him as he enters this phase of his life. How exciting for him, and you. Please extend my best of wishes for his success!
Still praying for you sweetie! Thanks for your prayers for Deb's daughter!!

Big huge hugs! Sherry

GARAGE SALE GAL said...

Hi Glenda,
YES...Thank you for the prayers for daughter! I'm sending prayers for the job...sorry I'm late about that. I don't spend as much time on the computer/blogland as I would like to...
Of course you will miss your son and you have been through so much!
Praying for your situation..
warmly,
deb :)

Barb said...

Hi Glenda,

Your son is a cutie pie. He will be fine, you raised a strong young man.
You are and will continue to be in our prayers.

Please visit when you can.

Big hugs,
Barb

{Bellamere Cottage} said...

Ahhh.... It's always a bit nostalgic when a kid leaves home, isn't it? Obviously you've done a great job as mom....Good luck to him in his new digs!

Huggies,
Spencer

bj said...

I'm not sure how I got to your blog but, after reading some of it, I can see things are especially hard for you right now. I do admire your courage and I pray you have found or will find, a good job...and a home again.
You have a very handsome son...with ambition or else he wouldn't be going to college. Hang in there for him...and I just know things will get better for you. You seem to have a lot of people praying for you and since prayer is the most powerful force there is, things WILL work out for you.
I wish you the best of luck and I hope you get back to blogging when you feel like it.
Please come by sometime...:)

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs

post signature